Interpreting services



Dalarna County Council

Box 712 S-791 29 Falun, Sweden 023-49 00 00

When you contact or visit a doctor or other medical personnel it is important that you can make yourself understood and understand what others are saying.

If you do not speak Swedish or is severely impaired in speech and hearing, try to get help in interpreting from a friend or relative.

If this is not possible, you have the right according to the law, to receive help from an interpreter.*

The personnel in our hospitals and institutions will help you to find an interpreter.

*The service is paid for by the government, and the patient does not have to pay anything. However, the authorities decide whether the patient person can have interpretation or not.